2/02/2008

Favorite Tan

I hate painting. I mean I really, really hate it. The problem is I seem to forget this fact. Every few months or so, I think to myself, "Gosh it would be so much fun to paint a room." Then, I start painting a room and am reminded by how much I really do loathing painting.

When I first bought our Texas home (since we still own two houses I have to specify), I had a few days to get stuff painted before Clay moved down. With the help of some very good friends, I was able to paint a good chunk of the house. Our walls in this home are all textured and while I love the look, they are absolutely the hardest surface in the world to paint. Not to mention that it takes at least 2 gallons to do a small room. After reaching my breaking point, I called Clay to tell him that there was just no way my sanity was going to make it if I had to paint another wall. Kindly, he assured me we would just finish painting once we were done with the big move. I thought this experience had broken the thought of painting being fun that tends to creep into my life from time to time.

Fast forward three months later and we have yet to paint another stroke. That is until today when I decided we simply must finish all the painting. I am blaming my need to have a fully painted house on this blog. You see, I want to put up pictures but I want the house to be done before I post the pictures. Today, I took the first step in finishing the painting. I painted the area between our kitchen and the dining room. At first glance, it is a tiny area but it still took every last drop of a gallon of paint. In fact it was the 9th gallon of "Favorite Tan" paint I have purchased since October.

Next weekend, the goal is to paint the kitchen. I really hate painting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I love this.

With Love===Christy's Dad.

Lucky said...

I agree. Painting is the pits. When we moved into our place, Sammy wanted to sponge paint our kitchen a burnt orange color. We gave it a whirl. She hated it. It took me 3 coats of primer to cover it up before we could repaint a new color.

Anonymous said...

These blog updates are coming way to slow.