8/25/2008

New Cakes!

A friend from work gave me the great pleasure of doing a few cakes for her baby shower. I decided to try out a few recipes that I had been wanting to try, specifically a recipe for a better tasting fondant. I was pretty happy with how the cakes turned out especially since I made three different flavors including one I had never tried. However, the better tasting fondant was way too hard to work with and still did not taste as good as I would like. Oh, well back to the drawing board on that one. Anyways, here are the pictures:


This one was a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.
The "M" is for Madeleine, the soon to be baby's name.


This cake is lemon-raspberry, a new flavor suggested by Matt.
Matt is now my flavor connoisseur/taste tester.


This is my almond flavored cake that I do all the time
since it is easy and most people like the taste.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Absolutely amazing! You did a wonderful job!!!!!!

Jamie Mullins said...

The cakes were UH-mazing girl!! My fav was the lemon rasberry!! I am so excited for you to do Katy's 1st birthday cake. I had fun chattin at the shower!!

Melanie said...

FABULOUS!! I am humming the tune from HM2. Those look soooo good!!