6/18/2008

One Sick Puppy....

Literally. So anyone who knows my husband knows that his one true love on this earth is not me; it is Siler. For those who do not know my husband, Siler is our dog. That's right I am secure enough to say it out loud as well as write it on my blog: I come in second to a dog. But I am kinda okay with it since the dog is as close to being a person as a dog can get.

Today, when Clay arrived home from work and went to let the big dogs out of their crate, he found the crate a complete mess. And by mess, well hopefully you don't need a graphic description because I think that would make me sick. Once out of the cage, Siler immediately threw up...which paled in comparison to what was in the crate. It is times like these that I feel bad that our two big dogs share a giant crate.

Once I arrived home, I made the decision to go ahead and go to the vet. We have been down this road before. Siler eats all kinds of things (socks, towels, the packaging that sheet sets come in, zipper and all) and then he gets sick. This time we couldn't figure out what on earth he had eaten so I though we might as well go to the vet to be on the safe side. Plus, I didn't want to risk him getting sicker and us having to go to the super expensive emergency vet.

Our super cheap vet closes early on Wednesday. As does our friends super cheap vet. Lucky us. So we ended up at the brand new vet in our neighborhood. The office is nicer than any doctor's office I have ever been in. One shot and $60 later, we were on our way home. Add this to the growing list of healthcare costs we have incurred with Siler. Apparently, he just has an upset stomach and we need to give him Pepcid AC. You know, the human medicine.

Once home, Siler played with Bear (whose name is really Sasha for those who were confused by the last post) for a little bit and seemed to be feeling somewhat better. Currently, he is sleeping. In a straight line. In the bed. In between my husband and I. With the covers pulled up to just underneath his arms. Just like I did as a small child in my parents bed after a nightmare.

Oh, and the vet told us Siler has a cataract. In each eye. I will start saving now. And maybe, go ahead and pick up pet insurance on him.

No comments: