10/16/2008

When is November?

I really don't think I can write a blog right now. But I am forcing myself to update this thing before a whole month goes by without me writing a thing. October has been an eventful month...too eventful to record it all. So here is a quick update of what has been going on(at some point most of these will be a longer post):

* The first weekend of October my dad came for a weekend visit. Since he is traveling the rest of October, we made this weekend my birthday weekend. It was fantastic! We went out for nice dinners, went to Beth Marie's for ice cream, and all kinds of other fun stuff. On Saturday, I went to Canton for the 1st time. (Canton will be a blog all on its own so more to come later) The best part of the weekend though was Sunday. Our church held a Baptism Bash and 500 people were baptized. 500!!! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been a part of.

*Second weekend: I (along with my Student Ministry team) got to go to Sacramento for a great conference. There were some amazing speakers and some really great worship times. One of my favorite moments of the conference was a speaker by the name of Phyllis Tickle. She is 75 years old and quite possibly the most intelligent person I have ever seen. She spoke on the emergent church and how the movement came about. I think in her hour long talk she used 37 words I had never heard before and another 52 words that I had heard but didn't have a clue as to what they meant.

*Third weekend: Clay is in TN for his friend Justin's wedding. I am quite sad that I was unable to make the trip but I know Clay is having a wonderful time. As for me, I am going to Great Wolf Lodge ! Just me and 298 of my closest friends....our student ministry is holding our fall retreat this weekend. And I am so excited to see what God is going to do in the lives of our students.

So like I said, October has been too busy for blogging. Hopefully, this update will silence my critics until I have a little more time to write.